CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Garage/Workshop Repair  (Read 2988 times)

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
Garage/Workshop Repair
« on: 29 Jan 2020, 12:44:31 pm »
What kind of things do you think this should have on it - content wise?

I mean a list of services offered, a contact form and contact address and location are the obvious ones but what else? This is for the UK market if that helps...

A gallery of work also seems okay, but would people really want to look at that? If they do could I not just link to there Facebook (Snapchat, etc) page?

I am also creating an member area where they can add there MOTs so the site can email them a reminder once it gets with 30 days of being due...
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2020, 12:48:54 pm by GrumpyYoungMan »
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

ian

• Keeping on
  • Global Moderator
Re: Garage/Workshop Repair
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2020, 07:59:00 pm »
A gallery of work also seems okay, but would people really want to look at that?
Yes, I like to see a clean and tidy workplace, without 157 cars in various states of dis-repair cluttering up the road and forecourt; see that they have more than a hammer and screwdriver which they use. Before and after body repair photographs are always good.

I am also creating a member area where they can add there MOTs so the site can email them a reminder once it gets with 30 days of being due...
Good thinking.

Maybe even a booking service.

Display set pricing (services, tyres, etc..) and promotions.
Our desire for order and definition is often outweighed by our ability.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2020, 03:22:10 am »
Thank you, Ian, for the feedback

I did think about booking system - but that would be hard - as all jobs are different and they do not always go plan so alive booking system my be troublesome? - I guess I could make them choose 2/3 days and then manually add it?

So you mean pictures of the work - rather than pictures of the workshop? Due to security, I wouldn't be happy with using images of the interior of the workshop.

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

ian

• Keeping on
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2020, 09:02:11 am »
I did think about booking system - but that would be hard
Oh!  :(
- as all jobs are different and they do not always go plan so a live booking system may be troublesome
So both hard and troublesome?

You intend to send out an email with an expiring M.O.T. date. Most garages (I've dealt with) want the vehicle first thing in the morning (or the day before) until they are finished so that they can plan their day(s) accordingly. Do you only do a repair at set times? I do understand that you may have to order parts, or wait for Bill to come in cos he's late after a night on the sauce, etc.. I don't know of any garage that can ever fully guarantee a drop-off and pick-up time.

There may well be instances where two people are trying to book the exact time and date, but that's where confirmation pages come in and polite notices stating to wait for the confirmation email.
So you mean pictures of the work - rather than pictures of the workshop? Due to security, I wouldn't be happy with using images of the interior of the workshop.

I do mean work (before and after shots) and workshop. I understand your security concerns, but you don't need to provide a detailed floor plan of the place, just something that shows you have the tools to get the job done and that it is kept clean and tidy. Take a look at Kwik - Fit, Stadium Garage (scroll down, it's parallax) - you can see that the garages shown look to be kept clean and tidy, able to undertake the work that you want them to; they don't show too much detail, but it's up to you. Look at the angle of the pictures taken
Our desire for order and definition is often outweighed by our ability.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2020, 10:31:26 am »
Thinking about it again - a live booking system for just MOTs and Servicing wouldn't be too much of a problem as they are relatively stable time-wise - I was thinking more clutches, brakes, and timing belts which would all vary from manufacturer, model and age...

I just wanted a different design as so many websites seem the same, with just slightly different text, etc but the main website is the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement