CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Is JavaScript eating HTML!?  (Read 364 times)

Gary-SC

Is JavaScript eating HTML!?
« on: 20 Feb 2020, 02:43:20 am »
Not sure what to think about this article. I'm skeptical of the whole concept because I either don't see any point in doing this, or I'm utterly ignorant of the subject and have a lot more to learn to appreciate what this article is discussing. Any thoughts/counter-points, anyone?

https://css-tricks.com/why-javascript-is-eating-html/

Dave

Re: Is JavaScript eating HTML!?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2020, 07:34:46 am »
I don't see the point either and if one turns off JS nothing will work. What's funny is that using that as an argument usually gets a response of, nobody would do that.

I like how Jason describes things, make everything work without JS then, if you must, add some JS if you really really need to.
Dave

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Is JavaScript eating HTML!?
« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2020, 12:32:12 pm »
What I get a kick out of is how these derps know so little about HTML and CSS, much less how to work with either efficiently, that they can actually delude themselves into thinking that hafwitted incompetent TRASH like React is worth a damn.

Or the endless stream of excuses they come up with to justify their endless pointless idiotic "JS for nothing" in ways that are WCAG violations or get you into trouble with some country-specific laws. Worse it's so often used for things HTML and CSS can do faster, easier, and simpler without the scripting.

But with these derps using callbacks for everything, forEach in cases where it would be less code and execute many times faster to use a good old FOR loop, LET in cases where it's actually inferior or equal to VAR, anonymous functions where they would actually introduce overhead, etc, etc, it's plainly apparent these clowns who promote this type of nonsense are just as unqualified to write a single line of JavaScript, as the hundreds of know-nothings who vomit up the latest "flavor of the week" HTML/CSS framework are to write HTML.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement