CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Been writing on Medium  (Read 1247 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
Re: Been writing on Medium
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2020, 05:22:54 am »
New Article you might find of interest. I'm probably by end of week doing one about modal dialog driven sites that don't need JavaScript either... then probably one covering a shockingly easy way of doing day/night themes.

https://medium.com/@deathshadow/tabbed-interfaces-without-javascript-661bab1eaec8

Just curious, and I'll probably ask this on a bunch of forums... are there things people usually use JavaScript for you know of, that you don't need it for? I'd like to put together a repository of links to articles on the topic and/or create unique articles on the topic.

In accessibility consulting I far too often come across pages where people dove for the JS for everything, and it's often hard to nail down the differences between things that just don't need JS to be done, and the stuff that flat out doesn't belong on websites in the first place.
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2020, 05:24:43 am by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2020, 06:36:55 am »
Next article in the series is up:
https://medium.com/@deathshadow/modal-dialog-driven-websites-without-javascript-16e858615780

If you want to skip the middle man and get straight to the demo and code:

https://cutcodedown.com/for_others/medium_articles/modalSite

mmerlinn

• Nutcake
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2020, 11:57:21 am »
What are the minimum browser requirements for this to gracefully degrade?
The soul purr pus of a spell cheque cur is two valley date hour ignore ants.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2020, 12:57:42 pm »
What are the minimum browser requirements for this to gracefully degrade?
The modal interface is IE11/newer only. I think for Firefuxxors it's 27.

I could probably make it work back to IE9 if I added a DIV and used display:table.

The tabbed interfaces one is likely the same, but honestly as I've stopped giving a flying **** about IE for most projects (since everyone else has -- bootstrap, react, angular) I'm not exactly going to bend over backwards on it.

Just as I really am no longer going to waste time trying to support FF 76/earlier.

Jason Knight

• Administrator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement