CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: So... codingforums.net down?  (Read 2227 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
So... codingforums.net down?
« on: 24 Oct 2020, 01:35:46 pm »
Tsk. Tsk... they forgot to renew the domain.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

durango_d

Re: So... codingforums.net down?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2020, 10:42:14 pm »
Well maybe they walked away.  It does not seem to be of any importance to them to get it back up again, or to pay their bills.   I mean they only get "what" like 6 notices about the domain expiring right...  90 days 60 days 30 days 20 days 10 days and sometimes 5 days.  Its either that or they just dont care to be in any hurry do they...   

I noticed all that stuff in the console scrolling and VIP said it had been there since the original install. Which tells me that since the original install noone from thier side ever looked at the console, and how long has it been now, a long time.   As i said it does not seem to be of any importance.   

Lets just hope if they do come back, that they made a backup and recently...
Squeeze it Harley! Don't yank it!  It's not your D...!  Squeeze it !

John_Betong

• The Fastest Joke Site On The Web
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2020, 10:57:36 pm »
I just tried to register the domain and with a .com TLD and neither are available?

« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2020, 11:01:37 pm by John_Betong »
Retired in the City of Angels where the weather suits my clothes

benanamen

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2020, 11:26:21 pm »
Perhaps it is just time to lay it to rest. @durango_d is the only one keeping that site alive with coding problems.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

durango_d

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2020, 12:04:22 am »
I just tried to register the domain and with a .com TLD and neither are available?

You could not register it anyway, there is a 45day waiting period and then it goes into a another status (i dont remember the tech name for it) where it cost big money to get it back.   Then after that youll find some china company has gotten it and its all in chinese now...  my old durangodaves site is in chinese now lol

Perhaps it is just time to lay it to rest. @durango_d is the only one keeping that site alive with coding problems.

Maybe you should let it rest since you seem to have nothing better to do than harrass others.

durango_d

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2020, 06:21:13 pm »
Oh well too bad, i guess they gave up... Isnt it so kind for them to tell us about that ahead of time.. :(    either that or i guess no one has 20 bucks in their pocket to pay the fee.    I personally dont think they gave it enough time, its been less than two years (i think) and that is not enough time for anything to take off. 

But oh well the world goes on right... :)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2020, 07:40:42 pm »
I noticed all that stuff in the console scrolling and VIP said it had been there since the original install.
"out of the box" vBulletin hemorrhages JavaScript errors in the console because most of their scripting is written for IE. Despite patches to make it all "work" in modern browsers, the old code is still in it for "compatibility sake"

Which is another case -- much like linters and "validation" -- where a LOT of the errors and warnings are meaningless BS in the face of actually making things that work for users.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2020, 07:44:13 pm »
Oh well too bad, i guess they gave up...
I dunno about that, but recovering from downed domains is sometimes a bit of a wonk depending on who you register it with. You miss payment with someone like Network Solutions or GoDaddy, and they'll rake you over the coals for weeks before you get back up.

Which is why I use NameCheap.

its been less than two years (i think) and that is not enough time for anything to take off. 
I actually was wondering what their monetization plan was and/or if they had unrealistic expectations. I KNOW my running this forum is currently a money pit; I PLANNED for that and am ok with it as honestly, it costs nothing having the rest of my sites wasn't already costing me. OTHER stuff on my various hosting plans are what pays for this.

But we can't know the truth until they pop up someplace to tell us what's going on.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2020, 07:48:43 pm »
@ John_Betong was keeping pace, but yeah... only two real posters.

Well, unless you count that guy posting the marketspeak doubletalk job listings; most of which the language used alone would/should scare people away from applying. Seriously, most of those job postings were some utter and total bullshit bingo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnkow4y1cyw

durango_d

« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2020, 09:30:05 pm »
Which is why I use NameCheap.

lol that is who i use as well, never had any issue with them in last 5 years.  A few times this last month the site was down but they had it back up quickly.    I do wonder however why i never see any american names in the help chat, its always someone with the last name ending in  "-------sky or -------ski"  lol

John_Betong

• The Fastest Joke Site On The Web
« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2020, 10:00:10 pm »
Try freenom.com, one of my free registration sites expired and I managed to recover it same day

Retired in the City of Angels where the weather suits my clothes

durango_d

« Reply #11 on: 26 Oct 2020, 04:11:00 am »
Try freenom.com, one of my free registration sites expired and I managed to recover it same day

I am my own registrar so i dont have any registration issues, if i did i would just yell at myself hee hee

benanamen

« Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2020, 01:04:30 pm »
Site is back up.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

durango_d

« Reply #13 on: 26 Oct 2020, 01:10:19 pm »
Not in Texas, have to wait till the DNS updates in Dallas i guess.   Looks like the hosting is in Germany, i thought VIP was in USA.. guess not...
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2020, 01:28:00 pm by durango_d »

durango_d

« Reply #14 on: 26 Oct 2020, 06:15:35 pm »
Site is back up.

By the way, you do know that i have TBI right?   Just in case you didnt know...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement