CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Google's mail rejection  (Read 1150 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Google's mail rejection
« on: 26 Oct 2019, 10:32:57 am »
Alright, I'm at my wits end with freaking GMAIL. It's bad enough I've never had my own personal account with them be the slightest bit useful, with nothing but spam getting through and my actual legitimate e-mails more often than not being flat out rejected without even the courtesy of going to my spam folder...

But that they flat out are bouncing e-mails from this server when nobody -- not even M$ who used to be bigger pratts than Google -- else seems to have a flipping problem.

I thought it was that my  PTR / RDNS got hijacked, but that's fixed now. I've got a SPF txt record, DKIM is built into ISPConfig so that should be working... I don't get it. DMARC is SUPPOSED to be optional so that shouldn't be the issue.... and given what a pain in the ass that is to setup and maintain, I'd like to avoid that

They just flat out reject it.

Now that I have the PTR record fixed, the blasted thing went from at least telling me it was rejected (without saying why) to giving no bloody notice as to where it went or why.

At this point I might just ban gmail from being used to join altogether!
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
Re: Google's mail rejection
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2019, 10:39:32 am »
Nevermind, IT'S WORKING!!!

I guess RDNS took longer to propagate to google than it did for me.

gmail joins should now work. As the yellow sticky says, if you are still having problems with gmail activation, ]please use the contact form on the main page to reach me about it, and we'll get it settled as quickly as possible.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

goto10

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2019, 05:46:04 am »
fwiw, protonmail sent your registration email straight to spam about 30 mins ago

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2019, 08:55:04 am »
fwiw, protonmail sent your registration email straight to spam about 30 mins ago
But it at least got to your account -- most forums fight endlessly with spam-boxes in that regard as a registration check trips dozens of warning flags in spamAssassin. My own server settings will shunt mails from the forums there until I added an exception.

The problem with gmail was they weren't even accepting them enough to put it in people's spam box. Flat out rejecting it, and not even saying WHY in the "rejected" MX message. They weren't even getting far enough into Google's servers to end up in the junk box. Nothing, nada, not even the slightest indication in ANY mail folder that a mail was even sent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement