CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: PHP 8  (Read 504 times)

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
PHP 8
« on: 2 Dec 2020, 04:00:49 am »
I have upgraded my local install of PHP to version 8.0.0 which was easy...

What are peoples thoughts on this latest release branch to the PHP family?

Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: PHP 8
« Reply #1 on: 2 Dec 2020, 09:53:37 am »
With everything else that's on my plate, I've not had time to try test it local yet. I really need to get off my ass and prioritize that since it's never good to let the rust set in.

Just ask the clowns who are STILL stuck running 5.x because they basically still write 4.x style code and ignored every single warning and change we were told to expect; spewing the "we'll worry about that when it happens" -- then it happens and they STILL can't be bothered!
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Dave

Re: PHP 8
« Reply #2 on: 2 Dec 2020, 03:01:15 pm »
I've been using 8 since the first alpha drop and it's been rock solid. Only ran into one minor change to ZIP::Archive that required a code change.
Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement