CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Just in case anyone might be curious about my profile signature  (Read 667 times)

durango_d

Just in case anyone might be curious about my profile signature

https://youtu.be/kItLDGtPMMI

Still one of my fav movies.... I wish they would do a new one before they get too old....
Squeeze it Harley! Don't yank it!  It's not your D...!  Squeeze it !

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Just in case anyone might be curious about my profile signature
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2020, 03:40:54 am »
Not a bad idea for a thread, here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8vuyd9M2LU
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

durango_d

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2020, 04:50:23 am »
Great video, they did a nice job on the graphics....   Is that scottish, or irish, or what they call gaelic i think is the spelling?

You know some say that the song by Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar  and the part that says
"Musha ring dum a doo dam a da"   has its roots back in the very early gaelic (they were irish) which transcends into something along the lines of  "i got drunk and make a fool of myself"  lol

I have not had a drink in about 25 years but i had lots of those moments during my run with alcohol, i didnt quit because i had to, i just quit because it didnt make any sense anymore why i was doing it..

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:53:34 am »
Is that scottish, or irish, or what they call gaelic i think is the spelling?
Nightwish is ... complex. The founding members of the band -- Tuomas (keyboards, band's composer), Marco (bass, backup vocals, lead vocals), Kai (drums), and Emppu (lead guitar)-- are Finnish, the (primary) lead vocalist -- Floor -- is Dutch, and their pipes/woodwinds/third guitar/backup vocals/lead vocals/what the hell can't he do -- Troy -- is British.

The band's first lead singer -- Tarja -- had a haunting ethereal operatic voice with the rhythm of an epileptic when performing live. Their second lead singer -- Annette -- had a voice more suited to pop music. Most fans of the band disliked her even though some of their best songs -- Amaranth, Storytime, Song of Myself -- come from that time.

Floor can sing almost anything in any style. She can do the head voice classical, mix, chest belts, growls, full on operatic, pop, rock...

Recently (5-6 years ago) their old drummer Jukka had to step down due to a sleep disorder. Care to guess which one? The new drummer -- Kai -- is more versatile, but he lacks the energy Jukka had.

Basically they've had a lot of lineup changes the past 20 years.

If you liked that song, you should probably check out the acoustic version with just Floor and Troy on Planet Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYtkPpFYzOo

Though the gateway that brings most people into Nightwish is the Wacken performance of "Ghost Love Score".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYjIlHWBAVo

First song of theirs I remember encountering was "Wishmaster", though my favorite is a tossup between "Nemo" and "The Islander". The latter being interesting because it has Marco singing lead.

Nope, not a fan. Not at all.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

durango_d

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2020, 03:17:38 pm »
Yeah i can tell your far from a fan :)   Thanks for the extra links...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement