CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Sorry for the lack of updates  (Read 1083 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Sorry for the lack of updates
« on: 6 Jan 2021, 02:30:53 pm »
I've been busy elsewhere, but know that work does continue even if it's just a few minutes here and there, and "side examples" / standalone snippets waiting to be folded into the main codebase.

I really want to hammer down the permission system, user specific settings, and get the "better" anonymous function stack template system in place before I dive into categories/topics/replies. That could take a bit given my time restrictions for working on it.

Someone suggested that I crowdfund this. What keeps me from putting real time into it is the need to prioritize paying work ahead of this project. I dunno... whaddayew folks think of that?
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
Re: Sorry for the lack of updates
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2021, 05:42:29 pm »
At the end of the day we can't on survive on zero income, so you have do what you have to do to survive and keep your bills paid!

If you crowdfunded it, it would surely help with the work vs personal/project time?

As a side thought could you not pass on any off your work to anyone else you can trust/report back to you?
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

John_Betong

• The Fastest Joke Site On The Web
Re: Sorry for the lack of updates
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2021, 07:38:48 pm »
@GrumpyYoungMan,
As a side thought could you not pass on any off your work to anyone else you can trust/report back to you?

It has been suggested to follow GitHub but unfortunately @DeathShadow wants to go his own sweet way and ignore all contributions or even suggestions.

I think GitHub by the way is used to develop Linux which runs the top 50 servers. Contributors are global and Linus Torvalds has the final say.

Edit:
Is Patreon part of CrowdFunding?

« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2021, 07:47:55 pm by John_Betong »
Retired in the City of Angels where the weather suits my clothes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement