CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Windows 11 - Upgrade  (Read 425 times)

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
Windows 11 - Upgrade
« on: 7 Oct 2021, 01:37:12 am »
Well the upgrade from Windoze 10 to 11 on my Legion laptop seemed pretty seem less so far the only problem I have encountered, was the fact the upgrade failed as I didn’t run the upgrader in “administrator” mode!

Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Windows 11 - Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2021, 06:19:18 pm »
I tested it on a spare SSD, and... no.

It's kind of petty, but the fact I can't move the taskbar to the left as a column instead of a row was a deal breaker. That they fixed it at the bottom with no option to change it is one of the many "screw you users" found in it.

The continuing Ryzen issues that even after the patches is problematic is something of a no-go as well. In my case even patched up, it doesn't throttle down power usage when not under load. On Win 10 my 5800x (on a Gigabyte Phantom mobo) the power draw drops to 26 watts. With Win 11? 64 watts. Idle, nothing open except Ryzen Master.

It's not ready... and in fact the more I used it the more I realized that Microsoft is actively TRYING to make me install Linux. I actually think they want out of the OS game.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
Re: Windows 11 - Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2021, 07:26:15 pm »
Quote from: Jason Knight
I realized that Microsoft is actively TRYING to make me install Linux.
I actually think they want out of the OS game.

Good thinking Batman  8)

I tried to upgrade a Windows 10 SSD to window 11.

Your PC doesn't meet Windows 11 system requirements

• Your PC must support Secure Boot.
  • TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.
  • The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11.
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz

coothead
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement