CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: So... who were you this Halloween?  (Read 1206 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
So... who were you this Halloween?
« on: 1 Nov 2019, 12:58:39 am »
Hello kiddies, your friendly neighborhood Joker...

... is just a wee bit curious who else dressed up. I still say Halloween is the most uplifting and inspirational holiday of them all. Why? Because it's the only holiday where people go out of their way to do something nice for the kids of complete strangers.

Every other holiday either revels in personal greed, avarice, or shoving "family" down your throat. Not Halloween. Adults go out, spend a slew of money for stuff to give away to kids in their neighborhood. Suck on that one Santa.

I always try to make it a special time... I also just love the theatre and pageantry of it.

We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
Re: So... who were you this Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2019, 06:35:36 am »

I still say Halloween is the most uplifting and inspirational holiday of them all.

Why? Because it's the only holiday where people go out of their way to do
something nice for the kids of complete strangers.

That does not make any sense to me.   :o

What people should really  try to do, is go out of their way to be
pleasant to total strangers each and every day of the year8)

They would not then need to take an annual holiday from their
daily acts of antisocial behaviour.  >:(

I cannot, though, find anything inherently wrong with having a
day off to dress up in theatrical  attire and play the Silly Billy;D

coothead
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

vinyl-junkie

• Music Around The World - trade & want lists, album reviews, collecting tips & much more
« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2019, 09:57:02 am »
I don't dress up for Halloween. Nothing wrong with doing that, I just don't. One thing my husband and I have done for several years now is give out full-size candy bars to the kids. We live on a dead end street where there isn't a lot of participation in Halloween by the neighbors, so it isn't like giving out full-size candy bars is going to break the bank.

One thing I've noted with interest, if you go search for it on youtube (or if it turns up in your recommended videos) is all the people who claim that celebrating Halloween is worshipping the devil. What a crock! All I know is, when I was a kid, I loved Halloween because it was the only time of the year that my parents would let me have all the candy I wanted. And so, in turn, I want to give back to today's kids and give them what I call the good stuff - chocolate candy!

benanamen

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
All I know is, when I was a kid, I loved Halloween because it was the only time of the year that my parents would let me have all the candy I wanted. And so, in turn, I want to give back to today's kids and give them what I call the good stuff - chocolate candy!

It's also the only time of year you are allowed to take candy from strangers.

By the way, I dressed up as something reeeeelly scary. I went as a "bootstrap wordpress programmer running Php 5.4". OMG!, you should have seen all the real programmers scatter.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2019, 09:24:23 pm »
Oh and excuse the blurry pic -- I have Parkinsons, my friend has tremor, between the two of us every picture looks like that.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

sunfighter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2019, 04:23:53 pm »
I have to say I'm with vinyl-junkie on this. Bought a box (48 count) of full size Milkyways - was going to dress up as Rick from Rick and Morty (New episode this month Yea) did so last Halloween in Washington. I had to go some where at the last minute. Left the opened box on the stoop with a sign "Please take two. Leave some thing for others." And maybe it's the midwest maybe Iowa, but there was bars left when I got home. Got to say Happy Halloween to a couple of kids before the witching hour. Gave daughter what was left. Great fun.
Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement