> Hello Dave, you are right, and that's part of my problem... I don't get any error, the output just stops when the code calls to the pagination functions.
A couple of points to note:
1. error_reporting(E_ALL); // can be abbreviated to error_reporting(-1), see PHP Manual
2. Displaying errors depends on the php.ini -> display_errors setting, usually set to On locally and Off when online
3. Overriding the php.ini setting can be achieved by setting ini_set(‘display_errors’, ‘True’);
4. Errors still might not show if php.ini -> php_startup_errors = Off (default). This setting cannot be called using ini_set(‘display_startup_errors’, ‘True’); because the setting is ignored after the PHP page starts
5. When using PHP 8.?, at the start of the PHP file use declare(strict_types=1); which usually catches all errors and warnings. Unlike most php.ini settings the declaration is only valid for that file and does not affect any other include or require PHP files