CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Polypane Browser repost: I did my homework.  (Read 246 times)

Gary-SC

Polypane Browser repost: I did my homework.
« on: 14 Apr 2022, 09:08:55 am »
@coothead

Sorry I kept deleting my message. After posting, I decided I wanted to think and decide for myself this time instead of simply asking trusted experts here about it. I wanted to do my homework before asking. Can you post those links again? I thought I kept them but can't find them now.

So, I tried the Polypane browser. https://polypane.app/ My motivation had to do with its accessibility testing features. After using it for ten days, I concluded that it was unnecessary and annoying. There are other ways to test websites for accessibility, and there is no way around simply knowing the guidelines and testing with a real browser and devices. I also disliked its fundamental assumption about responsive design. I don't do "device breakpoints." I let contents direct its layout, so to me, resizing my browser is a feature, not an annoyance like the developer of this browser seems to insist. I didn't find the multipane browser window particularly useful.

@Jason Knight, please feel free to correct me and guide me on this as it is your specialty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement