CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: ~ quotes font-size ~  (Read 1226 times)

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
~ quotes font-size ~
« on: 5 Nov 2019, 11:11:40 am »
Hi there Jason,

if  you get a spare moment in the not too distant future,
would it possible for you to increase the font size of
quotes to at least 1em?

I am unable to read a font-size: x-small quote,
UNLESS IT IS CAPITALISED !

coothead
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: ~ quotes font-size ~
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2019, 11:38:28 am »
done. I think I need to go through and rip out every "smaller" font size. Seems like a waste of time though since again this entire template goes in the trash sooner or later.

I also lightened the background to aid in legibility.
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2019, 09:35:29 pm by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
« Reply #2 on: 5 Nov 2019, 11:41:26 am »
Hi there Jason,

thank you for your prompt action with regard to my plight.  :D

My eyesight is, at last,  no longer like this... :o

coothead
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

benanamen

« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2019, 12:29:01 pm »
Could you please make it a priority to have the page "scroll" to the most recent post. It is quite monotonous to have to scroll down on every page.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2019, 08:45:38 pm »
Could you please make it a priority to have the page "scroll" to the most recent post. It is quite monotonous to have to scroll down on every page.

that one's annoying to track down because if you go to a thread that should have a 'new' item, the href has #new in it. The hash is there... if you view source, a <a name="new"> or <a id="new"> is present in the page...

So why isn't it scrolling? Again I suspect one of their scripts is at fault, but damned if I know which one. I might just disable ALL JavaScripts except for the editor as a stopgap to see if that 'fixes' the problem.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 5 Nov 2019, 08:58:59 pm »
I've done something... stupid to fix it for now. Since I suspect their JavaScript is screwing it up, but I can't find what would be preventing it... I've thrown scripting at it to detect a hash, see if the matching ID exists, and scroll to it.

Since scripting disabled the new posts work... Another stopgap until I can get knee-deep in the total skin rewrite.

STILL not working... no, it couldn't be... does display:flex somehow magically disable hash links in this usage case? The numbers returned by my top calculation, rect + scroll, etc, are total BS. Or is flex not returning its height/size properly?
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2019, 09:36:09 pm by Jason Knight »

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2019, 10:00:07 pm »
Alright, I MAY have gotten the hash problem fixed my just moving where the ID's are attached and ditching the 1990's style anchor use. No guarantees though.

I had thought flex might be at fault, but no joy.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2019, 10:24:53 pm »
Ok, the scrolling to new / message numbers issue, I've no clue what was blocking it, but changing from the outdated <a name=""> to id="", and moving them to elements deeper in the nest fixed it.

Though "new" now points at the poster column and not the wrapper. Close enough.

Hmm... just thought of it, I wonder if it's something stupid like all the outermost class="windowbg" div not clearing a float. Elements lacking content like the stupid named anchors would "ride up" with them since they have "no size"...

AGAIN why like every other off the shelf answer, the template needs to go in the trash.
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2019, 10:27:25 pm by Jason Knight »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement