CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: @Jason an idea for Xmas??  (Read 175 times)

kiwichris

• Greenhorn
@Jason an idea for Xmas??
« on: 21 Dec 2022, 03:04:15 pm »
Hi Jason

I am a "full stack" developer but really weak on the front end.  I kind of hack together the CSS with snippets I grab from the internet.  And to get the functionality and look I need I use MDBootstrap.  I'd like to get to the point where I don't have to rely on a framework as it gets you kind of 95% of the way there then you proceed to spend hours trying to get the visual result you need, using a tool (the framework) you don't understand.

Anyhoo - one thing Bootstrap does do well I think is its documentation.  E.g. for tabs I can just go to https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/components/navs-tabs/  - grab the HTML and CSS and provided I have the framework css and js links voila! I have my tabs.  Whereas with "your" tabs I have to know you wrote an article on it, read the medium article for an explanation, download the files etc

What about just a simple site showing some of the key components you have done, with the HTML and CSS right there on the page?  And commentary and explanation of what is going on.  I would so use this kind of thing. And if there was an ad on the page that's fine, I know I can't get this kind of goodness for free

Anyway putting the idea out there - kind of selfish motives really as I am looking for a fast way to get to a point where I don't need to use a framework, a combination of 'just using something' and learning as I go.  Have a good Christmas!!!

Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement