Oh my, please don’t catch Jason on a bad day then... Coothead is a pussy cat in comparison...
@GrumpyYoungMan yes i know DS can be grainy at times. But in all the many years i have known him online he has never attacked me. I am not saying that coothead did (i took what he said 100% wrong). I am just saying that DS has never done so. DS usually says one of the follow in most cases:
1. There is no reason to do that and explains why
2. Ok if your going to go down this road till you fall off a cliff, then atleast code it correctly, and shows example.
3. Why are you hacking that code to pieces like that, that is not the right way to do that, i would do it this way.
4. Variables for nothing and the use of rediculous tick marks around field names drives me crazy...
5. That is not "fill in the blanks" job, that is "fill in the blank" job.
6. What! Are we still living in 2004 and using php 4
DS may be like sandpaper sometimes be he is always about the code. When i first saw his posts on the old coding forum i was alittle shocked because i was not used to those kinds of replies on a coding forum environment. Back then he went by a different name, off hand i dont remember, but i think i know which one looking at the userlist. But anyway as the years went by he got alittle bit more like 20 grit sandpaper than 120 grit of years past. But it was always about the same thing. Code, code structure, whos job it is for different tasks. Even though some of those views may have changed over the years, he still talks about the code. Even when he says "doing it that way is idiotic" he is not calling the person an idiot, he is saying the coding is idiotic. He comes close sometimes depending on some peoples take on the matter but i dont think i recall him ever attacking a person.