CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: ... and the crApple stupidity continues  (Read 762 times)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
... and the crApple stupidity continues
« on: 11 Dec 2019, 01:17:43 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVNkglXc84

Audio was one of the few places I ever defended Apple, because of the out of box ASIO support and quality audio chips... the latter went away about a decade ago as they derped their way into cutting EVERY possible technical corner; which is why in terms of "support" components" those multi-thousand dollar Mac's are no better than a $300 black friday Walmart special...

But screwing over all those reasons for professional audio workers choose apple just wasn't enough for them. No, they had to implement their derpy broken "security chip" BS that breaks external USB audio devices -- devices some professionals wouldn't even have resorted to if the built-in audio wasn't cheap-ass crystal or realtek now... aka no better than your average $30 bargain basement no-name Chinese motherboard.

Congratulations crApple, you've just made hackintoshes have better professional audio than your own machines on the SAME external USB devices.

Hence, the only thing "professional grade" about Macs anymore are the halfwits, morons, and fools who still cling to the notion there's ANYTHING superior about these steaming piles of overpriced junk.

WHY are people dumb enough to continue buying from this damned company of two-faced sleazy dishonest dirtbags with their anti-consumer predatory practices?!?
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2019, 01:23:48 pm by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

mmerlinn

• Nutcake
Re: ... and the crApple stupidity continues
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2019, 05:24:16 pm »
Never needed audio, but until Apple dumped Motorola and went to Intel chips Apple was the best for me. OSX is a convoluted piece of crap that should have been trashed before they ever released it. And the later the OSX is, the worse it is. I hate when people fix what is not broken, then have a piece of junk that IS broken with no plans on fixing the broken fixes.

The only redeeming grace for Apple is that OS9 would still work on early Intel machines. When possible I always use OS9 even on a G4 dual processor mirror door with firewire that supposedly will not run OS9. That machine runs rings around all of my other G4s which were designed to run OS9. Need to find another one and replace this slow G4.

As far as Windoz is concerned, it is worse than OSX.  I avoid it whenever possible, however, I do have a Windoz machine that I use at home when I cannot use my Apples.

Sooner or later, if I live that long, I will be forced to move away from OS9. No idea where to as I see NOTHING worth spending a decade migrating to.
The soul purr pus of a spell cheque cur is two valley date hour ignore ants.

k64

Re: ... and the crApple stupidity continues
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2020, 05:25:30 pm »
I am aware this is an old topic, however I started out in DOS 3.1 & RunTime Windows (You could run a single windows app in dos like ms word or aldus pagemaker) then I went to a Mac w/ System7, after I sold the system years later, went back to Windows 98/NT/ME/W7. For the most part it's the apps that makes the difference for creative not the os most of the time, at least for me.

NeXT I went to Fedora Linux and never looked back at Apple, Microsoft and Adobe your services are no longer need 8}

The nice thing about Linux is you have choice of what desktop environment you want. I mostly use GNOME3 or Xfce. I hope this helps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement