CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Check Template Structure 3x Before Building  (Read 107 times)

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
Check Template Structure 3x Before Building
« on: 30 Jul 2023, 10:43:46 pm »
On my social script the member side is fine but somehow when i did the file template (mockup) i managed to make a mistake in the format and ended up with the js in the files "after" the close body and close html when viewing in source view.

Well 50 files later i discoverd my goofup... so stupid, what a PITA  lol

The js still worked amazingly... but i knew i had to fix it...  I had a choice to remove all the file footer js and put it in a js file or modifying the the footer..   I chose to mod the footer.   

I created a new footer close file and moved all the footer jquery and other script calls to that file along with the closing body and close html tags

i left the footer menu in the original footer file. 

so now in all 50+ files i have it like this...

i include the original footer

then i have the file js (special to each file)

then i include the closing footer file.... 

It was the best i could come up with short of moving all the file born js to a js file which would take many many hours...

So i guess my point is that if you are going to make a template to copy and paste while creating files just check it many times to be sure its correct so you dont have to go back and patch it like i did.

:)
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2023, 10:47:26 pm by durangod »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement