CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Making select option text lighter  (Read 99 times)

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
Making select option text lighter
« on: 27 Dec 2023, 10:53:15 pm »
Hi, i tried this but its not lighter, i have heard that options cannot be changed via css but i dont know that as fact.

The option on the dropdown is disabled but i also want the text "Choose Department" showing in the box at default to be lighter text as well.

not red and no light text
Code: [Select]
option.dim_text {
    font-weight: lighter;
    color: red;  /* this is just to test to see if i have css control or not */
}

If you look you might see some crazy stuff but i am just trying all kinds of things to try to make it work.

Oh well, nothing worked so time to move on to other things... :)
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2023, 11:21:20 pm by durangod »

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Making select option text lighter
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2023, 08:06:08 am »
What you did might work in FF, but in ALL other browsers you cannot style option tags reliably. Last I knew at least. Moving target and all.. A lot of properties will just be flat out ignored.

Styling OPTION is not actually in the HTML or CSS specification, for usability reasons. Thus any attempts to do so is non-standard and unlikely to work.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement