CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: CertBot - Lets Encrypt SSL Problem  (Read 175 times)

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
CertBot - Lets Encrypt SSL Problem
« on: 6 Nov 2023, 07:24:04 am »
Hello, I have small issue, again, I think...

I am trying to use CertBot with Let's Encrypt but the SSL certificates seems to be shared across ALL domains on the server and not issued per virtual host?

Is this normal, or can I stop it from listing all server domains in the SSL - as it ideally needs to be per virtual host?

Server is Ubuntu with Webmin installed.
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

benanamen

Re: CertBot - Lets Encrypt SSL Problem
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2023, 04:58:54 pm »
From the console as as root, run: certbot --apache

You will get a list of domains on the server. Select the number for the one you want the cert for. FYI. certbot will create your 443 virtual server config so make sure there is not one already there before you do this.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2023, 05:48:10 pm »
I take it, that is different to the -v option?

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2023, 03:17:40 am »
From the console as as root, run: certbot --apache

You will get a list of domains on the server. Select the number for the one you want the cert for. FYI. certbot will create your 443 virtual server config so make sure there is not one already there before you do this.
Thanks for your help!

So, it looks as if you do not choose an option and let Certbot create a certificate for all the domains configured in Apache it creates one big certificate, whereas if you choose it via the options (1,2,3,etc) it creates separate certificates, I guess it makes sense for it to work like that?

(the -v and --apache options to do the same thing on?)
« Last Edit: 7 Nov 2023, 06:22:29 am by GrumpyYoungMan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement