CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Clock Animation  (Read 148 times)

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
Clock Animation
« on: 6 Jan 2024, 04:58:24 pm »
DS, coohhead, grumpy, have you ever done anything like this

cssanimation.rocks/clocks/

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
Re: Clock Animation
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2024, 05:25:03 pm »
...have you ever done anything like this

Personally I have not but I believe that Jason has. 

coothead
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2024, 09:13:55 pm »
« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2024, 09:23:05 pm by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2024, 03:00:40 am »
I used rar a long time ago, but i heard that 7zip was better.  Is there a reason that you use rar, please explain the benefits.  Thanks

I was checking out some of your treasures in the dir, really good stuff.  I also just learned that footers dont have to be the footer of the page, it can be the footer of any main element, like the price cards you did every one of them has a footer.   WOW i never knew that chit man... lol
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2024, 03:12:17 am by durangod »

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2024, 05:49:13 pm »
I used rar a long time ago, but i heard that 7zip was better.  Is there a reason that you use rar, please explain the benefits.
The advantages of .7z files is that they have a more aggressive compression, but that comes at the cost of significantly higher compress/decompress times and cpu/memory use. I find the difference in file size to be diminishing returns, and honestly 7zip reeks a bit too much of "try hard" in that regard.

I don't like how it installs itself to run with DEP disabled, because their move to 64 bit Windows is a complete half-assed hack.

The only other advantage of 7zip is that it's open source, and I really just don't give a flying purple fish about that.

RMS can go plow himself. The entire open sores movement is built around one man's sour grapes over having given away a small snippet of code (that was shockingly poorly written), and someone else taking it and using it as part of a larger successful program. If he didn't want others using it, he shouldn't have just given it away! Mucking foron... As I've said many the time if you're going to give something away.... just freaking give it away give it away give it away now. I can't tell if I'm a kingpin or a pauper.

I've used .rar since its command line version came out, never had a problem, it's a known quantity for me... and it helps support my favorite programming language since WinRar is built in Object Pascal by way of Delphi. (Last I knew, they may have switched to Lazarus / FPC by now)
« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2024, 05:54:36 pm by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement