CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Hello from the cold and windy UK!  (Read 1362 times)

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
Hello from the cold and windy UK!
« on: 11 Jan 2020, 11:42:41 am »
Hello,

I used to visit Coding Forums and always found DeathShadow’s advice good so found this website via a Google search.

I am very much an amateur at coding or is it programming? But maybe it’s like trying to teach old dogs new tricks as I am the ripe age of 41!

Anyway I am a (very proud) father of 3 daughters from the UK...  so don’t get as much time as I like to program/code but I do try...

I will try and be more active here and as maybe the confidence  grows I will share some of my code with you to laugh at!
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2020, 11:44:37 am by GrumpyYoungMan »
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Hello from the cold and windy UK!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2020, 09:17:41 pm »
Welcome aboard. Always good to see a friendly face.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2020, 02:43:54 am »
Thanks!

I need to try and keep my motivation up - and stay active here and help out where and if I can...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2020, 01:13:15 pm »
I need to try and keep my motivation up - and stay active here and help out where and if I can...
My motivation's been in the toilet for about a week. First off I've got a rather nasty case of the flu, but second I'm miserable any time the temps get over 65F, and it hit 70 here today in New Hampshire. I'm actually glad I screwed up and completely forgot to take the AC out of the window back in october, as I'm running it right now.

Jan 12, NH, 70F and we're not even to the afternoon high yet. Yup, nothing wrong with the weather patterns here...

This time last year we had a -12F overnight temp and a daytime high in the single digits.

Of course the cold completely screwed up my 26 hour schedule, meaning my non-24 is in full bloom. Thankfully not getting the irritability yet, but I do feel like I'm jet lagged.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

Steven Ventimiglia

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2020, 04:06:36 am »
It's been rather nice weather here in Flori-duh, at 55-70 degrees for the last two weeks.  In less than a month, it'll be back to 85-90 degree weather.  Misery awaits.

ian

• Keeping on
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2020, 12:49:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum grumpy, enjoy your daughters and coding.

Don't be shy about sharing your code, it's how we all learn; no one is perfect and we all screw up.
Our desire for order and definition is often outweighed by our ability.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2020, 11:46:18 pm »
it's how we all learn; no one is perfect and we all screw up.
Those who never fail learn nothing.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2020, 01:47:33 pm »
Thanks and I’ll try....

Look after yourself Jason although I think you will always be know as DeathShadow to me... 😬

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement