CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1256 times)

_Jerry_

• Greenhorn
Hi All
« on: 24 Oct 2019, 01:30:33 pm »
I came from DP, nice to meet you all!
Joining for learning and sharing code with you all :-)

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2019, 03:34:15 pm »
Welcome in... hmm, sharing code. Maybe I should make a sub-forum just for that? CodingForums has (soon to be had) that.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

benanamen

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
Much of the "shared code" I have seen on forums should be taken behind the barn.....

I would say Nay on a specific place for it.
To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2019, 05:43:37 pm »
Much of the "shared code" I have seen on forums should be taken behind the barn.....
Well, that's why we have a Karma system in place. Don't like it? down-vote the poster!

Or should I say.. smite? I like that word, smite... and don't forget to applaud the good ones.

Though I'd prefer if instead of just saying "Well that's garbage" we instead say that it's garbage AND here's how to do it better.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2019, 05:45:18 pm by Jason Knight »
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

benanamen

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2019, 02:06:35 am »
Well, that's why we have a Karma system in place. Don't like it? down-vote the poster!

Except all it does is contribute to the massive amount of bad code all over the Internet. Some noob somewhere is going to copy/paste it because it "works". Now, if it passed through expert approval before being posted that would be something I could get on board with. And when a day comes that it becomes obsolete or wrong, that it is either updated or removed from the site.

To save time, let's just assume I am never wrong.

sunfighter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:03:12 am »
Two thumbs up for that. [need smilie here with two thumbs] How do we add our own little icons - emojis.
Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement