CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: ooops  (Read 515 times)

ingo

ooops
« on: 1 Mar 2021, 05:27:41 pm »
Just noticed this section. Well, I'm getting old. I hope to get even older. I'm not a web developer, not a javascript coder, php is alien to me. I do simple things in Python since before 1.5 came out, but that community has changed quite a bit. I wrote and maintained the documentation of the grand old dame of ray-tracing, POV-Ray, for nearly a decade. General interest in tech. I use HTML mainly for print. Pulling data from SQLite, mangle it with Python and then to (PDF) paper. My Zotero on beery papers fills a complete hard drive.

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: ooops
« Reply #1 on: 3 Mar 2021, 07:23:51 am »
I still remember using POV-RAY from the command line on the 25mhz 386 I had at work, leaving the renders overnight since the machine had to be left on to do backups anyways. Beat the hell out of the 10mhz AT clone I had at home.

I've actually not even touched it since the late '90's. now that I think about it. Once I got into 3ds there was no looking back.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

ingo

Re: ooops
« Reply #2 on: 3 Mar 2021, 07:52:27 am »
leaving the renders overnight

That hasn't changed, the faster the hardware, the more complex the scene's became. Add isosurfaces and media .... Never really used modellers.
Same with audio, hand coded in SuperCollider.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement