CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Posting code on this site is so much easier  (Read 628 times)

durango_d

Posting code on this site is so much easier
« on: 4 Nov 2020, 03:49:24 am »
Posting code or anyting at all on this site is so much easier...  I dont know what they did (or even if they know what they did) on the other site but the cursor jumps around all over the place every time i try to post code or edit anything at all..  Its so aggrivating.

Plus on here since the textarea box is always the same size then the bbcodes are right there to click, no scrolling up to click one every time like the othe site.

Thanks for making this user friendly :)  (i assume you tweaked it a bit)
Squeeze it Harley! Don't yank it!  It's not your D...!  Squeeze it !

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Posting code on this site is so much easier
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2020, 07:00:36 am »
Oddly enough I didn't even touch that part of SMF "out of the box" -- and for good reason.

As much as I might hate their bloated scripting and dubious markup, it WORKS... out of box, as is, no screwball tweaks needed. If I need it bigger the browser textarea resize works, and it doesn't mangle bbcode if you don't like the editor.

EVERY other forum software out there now seems to second-guess you when you try to post code. It's such a royal PITA and it's one of the MANY reasons I go with SMF.

I had reasons for choosing SMF over vBull, Xenforo, phpBB, myBB, etc, etc, etc. Some are not readily apparent until you start actually trying to make posts with it.

Even when I do screw with it, I try to preserve what they did behind the scenes.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

durango_d

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2020, 08:54:38 am »
Im kinda surprised you dont have a php bbcode but i guess there is not a huge reason to have that since you have a code one.   Im just so used to seeing both i guess.
Squeeze it Harley! Don't yank it!  It's not your D...!  Squeeze it !

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2020, 03:22:08 pm »
<?php
echo '
<h1>Uhm... no</h1>
<p>
  There is a php bbCode enabled on these forums, it just doesn't have a WYSIWYG button
</p>';

Though it doesn't seem to have a monospace font assigned to it. Should look into that. Oh that's really weird, it works in the preview for colours but not the actual post view.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement