CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Problem registering  (Read 1624 times)

mmerlinn

• Nutcake
Re: Problem registering
« Reply #15 on: 9 Jan 2021, 08:36:25 pm »

If I have time later today I'm gonna modify that text to make clearer that if there are ANY registration problems, go to that form. NOT that it is likely to make anyone actually do it for some jacked up reason.

You are making a lot of big assumptions, number one being that people actually know how to read, number two being that people actually are capable of understanding what they read, and number three that people are actually able to follow instructions.
The soul purr pus of a spell cheque cur is two valley date hour ignore ants.

John_Betong

• The Fastest Joke Site On The Web
« Reply #16 on: 9 Jan 2021, 11:23:48 pm »
If I have time later today I'm gonna modify that text to make clearer that if there are ANY registration problems, go to that form. NOT that it is likely to make anyone actually do it for some jacked up reason.

It's like asking customers to compete a questionnaire after being refused entry to a night club! Far easier for them to find another accommodating venue.  Plus instills a bad impression of further possible problems.

Does the error logs and verification not trap incomplete registration attempts?

How about emailing failed attempts?

« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2021, 02:53:38 am by John_Betong »
Retired in the City of Angels where the weather suits my clothes

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
« Reply #17 on: 10 Jan 2021, 04:55:25 am »
Does the error logs and verification not trap incomplete registration attempts?

How about emailing failed attempts?
Thanks to spammers there are so many failed ones that you can't find the forest for the trees. Legit attempts get buried in the ****storm.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement