CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Remote fonts  (Read 556 times)

fgm

Remote fonts
« on: 27 Feb 2022, 09:01:23 am »
I browse with remote fonts disabled and this is how I see the menu:

Is there any reason not to host the fonts in the server? In any case, shouldn't that menu items have a fallback to text in sake of accesibility?

I've tried to attach the image but I can't find the option even runing an instance with remote fonts enabled.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2022, 09:51:59 am by fgm »

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Remote fonts
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2022, 02:28:35 pm »
saves me bandwidth, using a CDN increases the odds people will already have it cached, it's a font file so security concerns amount to exactly two things -- jack and shit, and jack left town.

Thus the paranoid whackjob BS you hear about "remote files" mostly being garbage made up by people not qualified to flap their yap about websites.

And if I really cared and/or didn't trust it, that's what the CSP and cross-origin policy exists for.

There's a lot of paranoid nonsense out there right now about things like CDN's. Goes hand in hand with the gibberish about how "dangerous" Google fonts are; a literal recreation of the "wah wah teh evil corporation" bullshit we saw with anything M$ introduced into CSS decades before the W3C made them official... like webfonts, break-word, etc.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement