CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: Animated Underline  (Read 104 times)

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
Animated Underline
« on: 30 Dec 2023, 10:54:19 pm »
Your thoughts about this, junk?

sharkcoder dot com/visual/underline

scroll down to this text "Animated underline on hover #1"

Dave

Re: Animated Underline
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2024, 03:01:24 pm »
Perhaps it is just me, but I go to a web site for a specific reason and it certainly isn't for any of the bells and whistles it may have. The KISS principle needs to be brought back in a big way.
Dave

Jason Knight

• Administrator
    • CutCodeDown -- Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Animated Underline
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2024, 05:59:43 pm »
I go to a web site for a specific reason and it certainly isn't for any of the bells and whistles
THIS. And a big telltale that it's junk is simply the blatant disregard for legible colour contrasts on the page itself. That entire site is the type of artsy fartsy garbage reeking of someone who can't keep it in their pants when it comes to pointless bling.

All of which has diminishing returns on code to usefulness, and can in fact piss off actual users.
We are all, we are all, we are all FRIENDS! For today we're all brothers, tonight we're all friends. Our moment of peace in a war that never ends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement