CUTCODEDOWN
Minimalist Semantic Markup

Welcome Guest
Please Login or Register

If you have registered but not recieved your activation e-mail in a reasonable amount of time, or have issues with using the registration form, please use our Contact Form for assistance. Include both your username and the e-mail you tried to register with.

Author Topic: AI is listening to your keyboard  (Read 354 times)

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
AI is listening to your keyboard
« on: 22 Aug 2023, 08:43:42 am »
Now the hackers have a new trick.  They employ the social devices you have with listening capability and let AI listen to your keyboard clicks. AI can guess your passwords, website visits, and conversations with 95% accuracy.   

I believe the day will come sooner than we think, that we will either have to put AI in a cage or humanity will be in one.    The world of today is not ours anymore.  It belongs to the new generation and in 50 years the world will look unrecognizable and the USA and what our forefathers wanted will be in the history books only. 

If you don't believe that the war of man against machine has already started i believe you are not in touch with reality.   Its happening right under our feet folks.

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
Re: AI is listening to your keyboard
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2023, 02:10:32 am »
I thought all the “clicks” were the same so no way of telling what key was pressed?

Or do you mean the microphone on your phone listens to the physical keyboard “click”?
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2023, 03:28:21 am by GrumpyYoungMan »
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

coothead

• I smile benignly
    • coothead's stuff ~ an eclectic collection
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2023, 09:36:42 am »
This is what ChatGPT says in response to...

Can AI listen to your keyboard clicks?

"AI, in the sense of software applications or systems, can potentially listen to keyboard clicks, but not in the way humans hear sounds. AI can monitor and analyze keyboard inputs in a textual or data format, looking for patterns, analyzing typing speed, or even identifying key sequences or commands. This is often done for legitimate purposes like text prediction, spell checking, or keylogging protection. However, AI systems are not listening to keyboard clicks in the audio sense.

When you type on a keyboard, it generates electrical signals that are processed by your computer's hardware and operating system, which is separate from the audio system. AI systems do not have the capability to capture and analyze audio from your keyboard clicks unless they are specifically designed to do so, and such a setup would likely raise privacy and ethical concerns.

In summary, AI can monitor and analyze keyboard inputs as text or data, but it does not listen to keyboard clicks as audio signals in the way humans might listen to sounds."

Bear in mind, though, that it may  be lying through it's teeth.

coothead
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2023, 09:46:45 am by coothead »
~ the original bald headed old fart ~

GrumpyYoungMan

• Grumpy Young Man
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2023, 12:42:30 pm »
In the sense of predictive text, I personally think keyboard clicks is the wrong wording, as it is using user input to feed the AI monster…
Trying to learn a new trick to prove old dogs can learn new ones...

Total Novice have-a go Amateur Programmer - not sure that is the right thing to say... but trying to learn...

durangod

• Weebles Wobble - but they dont fall down!
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2023, 10:01:04 pm »
Yes i meant the key sound, all my keys sound the same but maybe older keyboards dont, not sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Advertisement